At Cree, we do not accept the status quo. We dare to dream. We innovate. We pioneer. We invent barrier-breaking technology without compromise. At Cree, we reject the notion that one size fits all and believe in the right solution for each application, no matter what it takes. When you join Cree, you’ll find yourself immersed in a culture similar to any startup environment – fast decision making, passionate people, constant innovation, with jeans and tee shirts as the norm every day. We are a 20+ year old, billion dollar semiconductor manufacturing company located in the heart of Research Triangle Park (RTP) and our technology is consistently recognized as the best and most groundbreaking in the industry. Consider our new 60 Watt LED replacement bulb, or our release of the world’s first commercial SiC Power MOSFET...they said it couldn’t be done. We didn’t listen. Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. If you’re someone who refuses to settle for ‘good enough’ and believes in achieving the impossible, then we want you. We currently have an opening for a Program Manager within our LLS Manufacturing group. This position will be stationed at our Durham, NC facility.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering novel solid state lighting projects on time and within budget requirements by partnering with contract manufacturers and our US-based design team.
• Define, create, and execute project work plans, deliverables, goals and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Ensure project documents/requirements are complete, current, organized, and archived appropriately.
• Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success.
• Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards.
• Minimize our exposure and risk on projects.
• Facilitate regular status meetings with project team effectively.
• Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Efficiently identify and resolve and/or escalate project issues in a timely fashion.
• Possess general understanding in the areas of electrical and mechanical engineering and system design.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials or Mechanical Engineering
• 4 years of experience with product development and manufacturing
• Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• US Citizen or Green Card holder
• Willing and open to travel - both domestic and international
• Demonstrated project management abilities
• Ability to manage a small team with various levels of experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of LED components, LED lighting systems, and LED testing
To apply, follow this link: