The LED Lighting Revolution will not come to life on its own; people, corporations and institutions are the LED Lighting Revolutionaries. Creating light consumes energy. The least expensive, most secure and cleanest energy is the energy that is not used. At Cree, we are pioneering the LED Lighting Revolution by showing the world what is possible when market leading LED products, technology and engineering innovation are combined.
Now is your chance to join the revolution. Imagine your impact on the world’s energy resources as you help us create new LED lighting products that will reduce the damaging effects of energy inefficiency on our economies and environments. When you join Cree, not only will you be helping to realize energy efficient lighting products in every country, city and home but you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced and satisfying work environment where your keen intelligence and top-notch work ethic will make you an integral member of our cutting edge engineering teams.
Are you a revolutionary? We currently have an opening for a Mechanical Engineer within our LED Lighting group in Morrisville, NC. We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
Shift: 1st Non-manufacturing
This individual will be a key part of the mechanical product development team and responsible for mechanical design, engineering and introduction of a product based on a given product specification. You will work closely with electrical engineering, test engineers and multifunctional development teams. Additionally, you will be responsible for championing engineering processes, data collection and be a subject matter expert for all aspects of mechanical engineering as necessary. A successful candidate would thrive under tight deadlines, rapidly changing development requirements and be a leader to other engineers on the team.
• Responsibilities include CAD design using Solidworks, requesting quotations from vendors, kickoff tooling, supporting product builds internationally, creating Bill of Materials and performing mechanical design verification of prototypes. Day to day responsibilities would be a mix of all these and general support of product development initiatives set by management. Additional responsibilities would include mechanical engineering process improvement and mentoring junior engineers.
• BS Mechanical Engineering Degree
• 5+ years of recent 3D Solid Modeling experience, preferably using Solidworks software.
• 10+ years of mechanical design experience in a high volume production, product development environment, not just theory or product management.
• Experience with plastic injection molding, diecast, extrusion, sheet metal tooling for electronic packaging
• Self Starter, capable of keeping up with a fast development pace
• Leadership qualities inspiring other engineers to follow them • Varied engineering product development experience (materials, different types of products, processes)
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel,Word and Project), general computer expertise
• Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 10+ years of recent CAD experience
• Thermal Flow simulation experience using Solidworks Flow Sim or equivalent package.
• 5+ years thermal engineering experience in both practical and simulation
• Previous lighting or LED experience
• Previous leadership experience with engineers
• Hands on experience with creating prototypes for experimentation and testing
If you think you can find a home as one of our LED Lighting Revolutionaries, then apply online. We actually do look at every resume and will get in touch with you directly if we think you’ve got what it takes. The process will take only 5-10 minutes, and our recruiting team will contact you with one week if we are interested in discussing this opportunity further.
To Apply, Follow this Link: